Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Screencastify

Today Sharon, showed me how to use Screencastify step by step. I don't need to download an extension as it comes with hapara. The Screencastify icon is a red arrow with a picture of a video camera on it. It was right underneath my nose the whole time and I had no idea. I clicked on the button signed in as an educator, and accepted the terms and conditions. I like that I  can choose whether I record the browser tab, desktop screen or use my webcam to deliver instructions. You have the choice of voice recording or video recording yourself delivering instructions or content. It is a better way of delivering information especially if you cannot be present in class, the students will no longer be able to use it as an excuse. Screencastify can be applied to an assessment my year 11's are currently undergoing. For AS1.2 Anatomy, Biomechanics & Exercise Physiology, students are to complete the written part in preparation for their verbal assessment. Students are verbally assessed to see what knowledge they have learnt, written part supports it. Back to the point, Screencastify could be used by students to practice verbally explaining things they have learnt and replay it over and over again.

I decided to have go at Screencastify and I really enjoyed, how fast it was to set-up and start delivering instructions and content and share the link.
Here is the link of me doodling around on it-Screencastify

A cool management strategy:
Sharon shared an awesome tip with me and I can’t wait to use it in class. I can reset students passwords, if they are off task and mucking around to teach them a lesson. They will not able to access anything until the teacher is finished helping other students who were on task. Reset password, students complains, direct them to the board with 6 things they need to complete before they can be seen by the teacher. Aware that this can have a negative impact where they just sit there and do nothing but if they are off task in the first place they might as well be exited out the site they were on. It’s not acceptable to be playing fortnite during class, if they have not completed their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment