Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Last Session of Manaiakalani

Today is our last session with the Manaiakalani Program, and I have thoroughly enjoyed our DFI sessions as I have learnt a lot and have met some awesome people along the way. If I think back to when I first started I was shy and a tad closed minded but as the journey went on my confidence grew and so did the many possibilities of using technology to enhance student learning. Before, I leave there are few things I need to re-learn or work on in my own time. Firstly, everything and anything to do with google sheets, can learn that in my own time. Secondly, how to create youtube playlists and upload to different places such as google sites. Thridly, how to copy and paste content from google word doc to my blog and ensuring that it stays within the grid of the post. Lastly, I will sit the google exams test so I can see how much I have learnt and plus it will look good on my registration.

Thanks Dorothy and Gerard for your time and knowledge, have definitely learnt heaps within the 9 weeks. I have completed my 9 blogs!!! :) Yaaaay! Can I have my badge now.

MANAIAKALANI DFI
CLASS OF 2018

5 mins later, me and Jo asked Gerard to help us out with google sheets and youtube playlist. With google sheets, I re-learnt to how to move data. For example, either cutting and pasting or highlighting a row clicking and dragging ad it will re-adjust itself and creating graphs. Youtube, I re-learnt how to create one, send a play lists via links and embed the video to my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kalesha, remember control shift past, this will remove any formatting the text has so should prevent text exploding off the page. You are more than welcome to visit any of the DFI blogs to help with your questions. Tanya

    https://tchingprofessional.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Tanya, it worked well with most of my year 9 classes. Well, for those that listened but there is no excuse now that we have been shown. Cheers Tanya, there are heaps of things I need to learn just got to make the time to.

      Delete