Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Session 6-Managing my work flow

In session 6, I missed the opportunity to explore Boomerang, Google Calendar & Google Hangout with my DFI class due to conferences held on Friday. I had to do a little catch-up, and quickly found the Boomerang extension & Google Calendar extension interesting. 

I thought Boomerang was a useful tool, that allows us to write an email now & schedule it to be sent at certain time automatically. So the advantage of that, is that we don’t have to rely on our memory to remind us to send the letter later on. We can write it up and press the send button and it will be sent later on. The best part about boomerang, is that you can use it to take important emails out and choose later when needed. So it is ideal for a person who is very forgetful and needs to reminded it allows them to be somewhat organised and look forward to trying it out. 

Advantages of using google calendar is that you can make multiple calendars for different parts of your life (Social/Work) and you can tailor it to how you would like it to be viewed. It can be used as a timetable for students so that they know what classes they have, where & when or change the place just before the bell goes so that they know where they now need to go. I have not got to that level yet but I have uploaded each classes timetable on to my site. Boomerang & Google Calendar have a lot of advantages it’s now just a matter of applying into my everyday life to make things more easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment