Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Working on our sites




As a class we critique each others sites-The purpose was to up-skill and improve our sites because
sometimes we cannot see what needs to be worked on. Important to be professional and practice giving and
receiving feedback-It can be daunting and something I used to dislike but am getting used to-It is important
because it has a big impact on future students.

The three things I have to work on are creating buttons/links, access of content needs to be public and
finding out how I can upload a video clip of my class to my site. To do- Download Google Drive, because
it allows me to go into a folder select photos and videos and upload straight from my phone. Minus-Is that
I lost my debit card but quickly learnt that I can use a prezi card or i-tunes to download apps that are free.
Thanks for the tip Gerard, that was the most frustrating part for me was not being able to upload it to my site.

Thanks Lee Ann for the tip, it really helped and it is not as time consuming as I thought it would be. I actually killed three birds with one stone and it was with the help of my peers in my class. I find out I need to make most of the content visible to the public not just Tamaki College. Secondly, I revised over how to make buttons/links on my site, have not made any changes yet but it will be done!!

  • Google Keep-Take a photo of a script/info and it will transfer to google word.
The highlight of my day was this treasure, I learnt how useful this app could be and especially because I can be so forgetful. I like how I can use it for my to-do list or shopping list or setting up work for students. Best part is that it can be used like a library :))


Have a good weekend folks!! See you next week, I'm out!!

4 comments:

  1. Talofa Kalesha, Thanks for sharing your learning. I had a play with da button factory. It is quick and limited in shape and background. I think I will stick with google drawings as I find cropping images to a shape really useful. When we were looking at your site I thought of this site I created with L1 learners in mind. You are welcome to use anything from it. Let me know what you think. https://sites.google.com/core-ed.ac.nz/gardenwithscience/home
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is the downfall of using da button factory. Good for you Maria, I was thinking of combining both of them together but if you are in a rush it is an ideal temporary option but not a permanent one. Agreed , dislike that we cannot insert pictures with it, to represent what topic is about and draw the user in. Thanks Maria, I will make use of it and grab a few ideas to improve my site.

      Delete
  2. Kia Orana Kalesha, I really enjoy google keep the list are reuseable. (No extra work setting it up each time you need a note or reminder. I like how you can take a photo and have google turn it into text we can use else where.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I really like how you can make a shopping/to-do list and how it can be connected to your phone to notify us of things that need to be done. Most of all, I like how it can used to the students advantage especially when preparing for exams. You can youtube videos up and pictures.

      Delete